Patience is a virtue.
I understand this.
But the closer the Boulder looks to being finished, the more anxious I get. Notice that I say “looks” – it’s beginning to look like a bike, but there are so many things, big and small, that still need to be accomplished. The cantilever brake arms and the front rack have been installed. I’ve also got the stack and handlebars where I want them for the time being. I’m still sourcing the bar end shifters at the moment and trying to work out a trade because this project is swiftly turning into a money pit. (And I’m not even using top tier components, either.)
I am debating about devising a way to integrate the decaleur into the front rack rather than hanging one from the bars or stem. I’ve got a couple of ideas about that but I need to work out some details for a stable attachment system that still allows easy removal of the rando bag.
The rims I’m using are CR-18’s but I plan for those to only be a temporary solution until I can get a good pair, with a dyno-hub built up. In the meantime, I guess I should go ahead and order the tires so that I can install my fenders.
And I suppose I will also need to continue to work on my patience, dammit.